September seems to be the new January. After an excess of summer living, lots of ice-cream and white wine, I for one am looking forward to kick starting a healthy eating plan from now until Christmas. If you are looking for healthier options and food choices, look no further than our amazing Kale and chickpea curry (5.50) that is back on our menus from today. It’s as delicious as it is good for you, cooked with smoked cumin, ginger and garlic, simmered with chickpeas plum tomatoes and garam masala.
Kale is your new best friend with benefits.
It is incredibly good for you. In case you missed previous posts on the health benefits, here is a little recap :) What is there not to love!
Can be #vegan if you want, just ask.
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fibre and has zero fat.
2. Kale is high in iron. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants, help protect against various cancers.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility
10. Kale is a great detox food. Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.