Introducing Kale, your new best friend with benefits!
Always keen on bringing you the latest in food trends and health and well-being we are thrilled to be leading the charge on bringing seasonal Kale to our menus. Until Easter, avail of our new Kale and chickpea special for just €5. As we only use seasonal produce, we will have this back on again in the Autumn. Apart from being seriously good for you, it’s delicious too. What’s not to love!
Kale is being hailed as the new Super-food and it’s not hard to see why!
Take a look:
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fibre and has zero fat.
2. Kale is high in iron. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants, help protect against various cancers.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility
10. Kale is a great detox food. Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.